Monday, June 23, 2014

Convention impressions Part Four

Coming from an aerie whose Auxiliary charter was surrendered several years ago, it was nice to see the incoming Auxiliary officers, above, getting pumped for their installation. I'll be posting soon my view that if an aerie is to prosper, it's as important if not more so that they do everything they can to ensure they also have a strong and growing auxiliary. Like the song says, "you don't know what you've got till it's gone". For Ontario Eagles, the Sister on the right is Lola Collie, once a major driving force in the Ft Erie Ontario Auxiliary before that Ontario aerie collapsed.
Community involvement is an important component of the success of a local aerie. This clothing donation box is one example, just beside the front entrance of Aerie 1575. It speaks for itself.
Here's another shot of the banquet room, taken half an hour before a State Aerie session. Everything from the opening ceremony, convention sessions and the installation ceremony to lunches, the memorial service and the banquet started on time! There's a growing sentiment that the New York State Convention should be cut back from three days to two. It's none of my business, of course, but I'll soon be posting my view that the Ontario Provincial Aerie Conventions be expanded from two days to three - based on my experience here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would you like to read more on this topic? Have an opinion positive or negative? Something you'd like to see here that you don't see? Leave a comment and I'll do my best to provide what you need.